Saturday 4 February 2012


So here we go, the dreaded first post.. I thought I'd start with something that has been inspiring me for my final collection. Burberry Prorsum has been a main focus for my market research and inspiration recently , initially because their latest collections have been beautifully British and capture the essence of outdoor chic.

Being a womenswear designer myself, I tend to focus on the women's catwalk show, more so than the men's. However, when I realised that the effortlessly sculpted face of Eddie Redmayne featured on their most recent advertising campaign, things changed. I will take this opportunity to say that this man, first brought to my attention in the film 'My week with Marilyn' (a very good film by the way), is extremely beautiful, and will very soon be pinned on my wall. For inspirational purposes obviously...

Back to the designs. Trench coats clearly a must; fur lined parkas and a running theme of feature fastenings and chunky belts. Bold prints and stripes enhance the spring coloured palette of olive greens, orange, yellow and sky blue. I particularly like the voluminous draped and folded skirts, and the key parka in the collection - modelled by Cara Delevingne here in their marketing advert.

Always on top of the fashion scene, Burberry have once again pulled out all the stops for a stand-out Spring Summer Collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment