Monday 30 April 2012

Shoes are a girl's best friend. Okay, maybe not these ones...

For anyone that knows me well, they would know that I love my shoes. Heels to be exact. Really high heels to be even more exact. In the last few years, it seems that the height of heels has to continued to grow, and when we think they can't possibly get any higher...they most definitely do. In some cases, it's just plain ridiculous. Example one, McQueen's 'Armidillo' shoes.



These 10 inch (yes, 10 inch) hoof-like inventions are typical of McQueen's unhealthy need to create jaw-dropping fashion, and lets be honest, I expect no less. Probably the most impractical shoe I have ever seen, and in no way do they fulfil the most important role of the heel - to look graceful and feminine.

Example 2, Lady Gaga (well it had to be, didn't it?) in the clumpiest, most unflattering pair of shoes known to man.



She looks ridiculous. I have made my point.

Example 3, the 'Pointe shoe' heel.


One word. VILE. What were Louboutin thinking when creating these 8 inch things. Said to be inspired by ballet shoes...well yes, that is clear when they ARE ballet shoes, just with thin sticks stuck to the end of them. Okay, so they were made to raise money for the English National Ballet blah blah blah...but still, just no.

So, to cure bleeding eyes, I have found my top five heels on the high street that are a little more manageable. At 5, these cute wedges from Dune. Wedges are in my opinion the safest option - a little more surface area is always a good thing!


Number 4 - Stunning stilettos from Topshop. Major love for petrol blue at the moment.

These River Island strappy shoes are at 3; really summery and I love the print.


At 2, an exciting brand at New Look called Chinese Laundry have created these vibrant peep toes (yes I'm a sucker for animal print)





And finally, the shoes that I HAVE to buy before my loan runs out are these...


...GOD BLESS AMERICA!



Oh and before you go, just an image to remind you all to be sensible out there, even the best of us falter at the hands of unscrupulous high heels...


No comments:

Post a Comment