Monday 13 May 2013

Embrace the Bumbag - you know you want to!

There has never been a better time to leave that cross-body bag and clutch at home and replace it for a bumbag. With the nineties trend still going strong, bumbags are slowly making their way into the high street stores wanting their time in the limelight. So why not give them a chance!?


Bumbags have a had a bit of a makeover since the eighties and nineties era you will be glad to know, otherwise I certainly wouldn't be here trying to convince you to buy one. Long gone are the plain, tatty bags generally associated with fifty-something tourists also sporting that ultra cool baseball cap and enviable socks with sandals. (Yes that was sarcasm.) Now we are seeing bumbags adorned with studs, fringing, spikes and geometric patterns - what's not to like?

Now that your views have started to change, let me give you some great reasons to get one of these ultra cool (not sarcasm) on-trend bags.
 

Bumbags are the new definition of 'hands-free'. If you love to go clubbing, don't you find you just don't have enough hands to hold your bag, your drink, try to dance and now, attempt to grab your phone as it rings! Wearing a bumbag has never been so liberating! When I wore one out a few weeks ago it was great, though as predicted I did shout "Where's my bag?!" in panic a couple of times that evening. Everything's secure around your waist, you don't have to worry about leaving your bag in the loos, and you can swing your arms about as much as you like when you're dancing, just because you can!

Pockets. Gotta love pockets right. Well bumbags have their fair share, and it's great to have everything separated in different pockets so you know where everything is! No rooting around at the bottom of your bag, trying to find your lip gloss, and no emptying the contents of your bag onto the table because you think you've lost your phone (it's always there, somewhere) I am addressing YOU, organisation freaks!

 
Lastly, for you festival goers out there, there isn't a more practical bag to take. As well as having the benefits above, bumbags just have that 'festival chic' look about them. They look great with denim shorts and wellies, and they are so versatile you can wear them with a casual outfit or a dressed-up one. And another great thing about wearing them at festivals, they are a great size to fit all your essentials that you need for the whole day.

Well if I haven't persuaded you by now, I guess I'm not going to...Unless I mention there's a way you can have a great quality bumbag that is totally unique and cheaper to buy than the ones on the high street. So here they are.


 
 I am currently customising leather bumbags with studs and spikes, each one with a different design, so no one will have the same as you. If you love to wear vintage clothes as opposed to high street or you love to customise old belongings, then one of these is for you! Not only that, but I am selling them at a bargain price of £13, YES, £13, where you're looking at paying around £20 on the high street for a man-made one on mass production.
 
 
So there's my sales pitch, if you are interested in one from the photos or have a design in mind let me know!

6 comments:

  1. Cool, I'm never fond of wearing bumbag,
    it sort of makes me feel odd in a way, perhaps because
    I often see jeepney chauffeurs wear them, not that I hate them
    but I just don't know, but this one I find really interesting.
    Are they made from leather? love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Norilyn, wearing a bumbag definitely makes a statement, and I felt weird wearing one for the first time, but actually it felt great doing something different for a change! They are so practical too! Thanks for your comment, and yes they are leather! If you decide you would be interested in one, let me know :)

      Delete
  2. when would you be able to deliver it by?x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could send it first class as soon as I have received payment through paypal :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. where can i buy the brown leather bumbag and would i be able to have it delivered in next day delivery?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm sorry but all of these bumbags have now been sold! I currently sell them through ebay, my ebay id is holly8426 if you are interested, a couple should be on there by tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete