Wednesday 23 October 2013

Something about Ruby...

So, it's been a long time, I know. But I have been a busy girl and now I have some time to tell you all about my recent venture. For those of you who know and been getting weekly updates on what's been happening, I'm sorry to bore you with the content in this post, though I am thoroughly grateful for all the advice, support and interest I've had so far from friends and family. For those who don't know, my career is taking a new path into self-employment (eek!) as I am starting up an Online Fashion Boutique business!



Don't ask how I am came up with the adventurous (possibly crazy) idea of setting up a business in a not-so-stable economic climate, but for those who know me I am hardworking and passionate about what I love, so I won't be giving up without a fight. I guess one thing that spurred me on was the thought of having a 9-5 job doing the same mundane things everyday; it just isn't me. I love doing a variety of things, learning new skills and being a part of so many aspects of the fashion industry instead of just one. So here I am, learning to be a buyer, e-commerce retailer, stylist, copywriter...on top of being a company director. Challenging, but very exciting!

So, to the stuff that you guys actually want to know. I've called the boutique Ruby Soho; I won't get into great detail about how I got the inspiration for the name, but I've had good feedback on it so far and I couldn't see it being called anything else. I will be buying in brands of women's fashion mainly from other parts of Europe, though some will be UK based. There will be some fab bags available too to start with, but I hope to stock some shoes and other accessories further along the line. I'm aiming my range at women aged 20 to 35, the style mainly focusing on smart casual daywear that can be dressed up for the evening. Prices will range depending on the brands, but will average at high-end highstreet prices.





The website is currently being set up, and it is looking great so far! I've had help from friends already in various sectors of the industry, and I am so grateful. As well as trying to keep my blog going, which I love to do, I am also setting up a blog connecting to the site, sharing new products, styling issues and trend reports. I will keep you all updated on here and hopefully you will support and follow that blog too! In terms of stock, I have started finding the products and brands I want, though there is still a lot to do in that area, as well as others.

For now, you lot will just have to sit tight while Holly here does the hard work, though I hope to be launching early 2014 so keep your eyes peeled for more updates. Social media pages will also be popping up soon, so I hope I have the support of my trusty blog readers to spread the word about Ruby Soho when the time comes! Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment