Wednesday 29 February 2012

February = Flip-flops. Really?



Depending on where you are in the country, you may or may not be experiencing an unusual burst of hot (okay warm-ish) weather this week. At the weekend, we saw the well-missed sun, and without surprise, the majority of the male population decided that the t-shirts, shorts and flip-flops were ready to emerge from the back of the wardrobe. I really don't understand men. Just because it's sunny, it doesn't mean it's significantly warmer. I personally think they don't feel the cold. Or at least that's what they like us to believe. Even in mid winter, they don't feel the need to go out with a jacket or coat because it's "not that cold". Uh huh. That's why there's snow falling and ice forming on the windscreen. Primary example, my postman who insisted on wearing SHORTS throughout the winter months. Baffling.

So where does this leave us 'normal' people when deciding the appropriate time to shed the winter clothes and boots and swap them for floral dresses and sandals? With all the spring clothes on the highstreet at the moment, I can't say I haven't been tempted to buy something. But then the logic kicks in and reminds me that it's still under 15 degrees outside and probably will be for the near future.

On the plus side, I have longer to plan what I'm going to buy when it finally warms up. A few of the things on my wish list are -


This beautiful skirt from River Island. Even though the colour is quite dark, I can imagine wearing it with a simple vest and denim waistcoat on a summer's evening or at a casual bbq. Boy am I looking forward to summer...
Black Pattern (Black) Pop Art Floral Crop Top | 249200609 | New Look

If by any chance I get the hopeful wash-board stomach by summer (unlikely), this would be a must. So cute. Luckily for me there's a dress and playsuit in the same print; well done New Look.

Crochet Bow Detail Wedge
A bargain for all of you on a student budget like me, these wedges are a bargain! £18 at Matalan and on trend with crochet; what more could you ask for?? 

I desperately want these. Everyone needs a pair of denim shorts, and these from Topshop are great. Loving the stars and stripes! Now just to find the money for this new summer wardrobe...

No comments:

Post a Comment