Monday 11 June 2012

Men's fashion: My loves and hates

As a bit of a change, I thought I'd focus on some men's fashion - a few things I like, and a few things that I really don't. I'll just make it clear now this is just my opinion; please don't have a go at me if you own some of these things!

I'll start with the short sleeved shirt, buttoned right to the top. It's classic, and frankly just cool.


A massive turn off for me is men in flip flops. I can't explain it but it just creeps me out! I know it's a very common thing and I can't really go anywhere without the likelihood of spotting them, but if it was down to me they wouldn't be allowed. Sandals I can accept (without socks obviously), but with flip flops, there's just too much 'toe' on show. And let's face it, toes aren't exactly beautiful to look at are they...



Another like is for cosy cardigans and jumpers. If any of you have seen Channing Tatum in 'The Vow,' that's the kinda look I'm going for. They just look so cosy, and something you would definitely want to steal from a boyfriend in the chilly winter months.



Flat caps. Just no. Please leave them to the Granddads. Even Brad Pitt can't pull it off.



I have a weird attraction to men's espadrilles. Not really sure why; they're a cross between plimsolls and slippers, but they're summery. I like them.

Okay, skinny jeans. You either love them or you hate them right? Well mine's the latter. Even if they are as skinny as a pole, I don't understand why guys wear them. I wouldn't say they were flattering, and personally, my biggest worry is how everything is errr...packed in. It can't be good, can it?




The denim shirt. I love it, especially un-done with a t-shirt underneath. Most guys have invested in one, I'm glad to say. I mean who needs a chat up line when they're wearing a denim shirt?



My last male 'faux pas' as it were, is the polo neck. Even with David Gandy modelling it, I'm just not convinced. To be honest, I'm not even a fan of polo necks for women. They're suffocating, and a bit old fashioned if you ask me.



My last love is a classic. A shirt and skinny tie; you can't beat it. And the only thing to make it better is a bit of pink, which I like on a man! Smart, sexy and sharp. 10/10.



No comments:

Post a Comment